Saturday, May 28, 2005


3 ranma Posted by Hello
Hi !
Today I would like to write about "ranma", ranma is a carved wooden item which was used in traditional japanese houses... Usually it was hanged above fusuma doors ( decorated sliding doors ).
But nowadays ranma become more and more rare in japanese interiors, but it is still used by example in ryokan ( guest house ) and tea ceremony rooms... it's decorative and it helps air passing from one room to another...
First picture from the top shows recent japanese display of ranma, it's hanged up above shoji ( regular sliding doors ), sometimes in a black lacquer frame...
Second picture is a close up on a tsuru ( crane ) design wihch is one of my favorite one !
Third picture is a detail from one of my 2 ranma ( it's usually a pair with same design theme, here castles, bridges, mountains and pines ).

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi!
Your ranma are wonderful. Will you use them in your Ryokan? Your place sounds like it will be very lovely; with that name you can't go wrong! I am with Ichiro san; it's a good name, short and strong. And, personally, I love bamboo! Is there really a bamboo mountain in France?
My Mom lives in the South of France and she runs "Gites" very lovely, but your mountain sounds more cool, I’m biased I love everything that smells Japanese ^_^ I ones saw this place near Aubenas, well, really near St Michel d'Boulongne somewhere in the Ardeche where a men practiced a gorgeous form of Tai Chi with swords in the garden of a Count it was really special, I think they had some kind of retraite center, but am not sure... sorry. But, projects like these are just wonderful; I hope your Bamboo Ryokan in France will be a big success! Or is it already up and running?
Oh, before I forget, I love the kamon to, it's strong and clear.
Sorry for babbling so much, but this is fun!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In it something is. Thanks for the help in this question.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home